Detailed Tier Wise Syllabus to Prepare for SSC CGL Exam
SSC CGL Exam Pattern is different for every stage of the exam. Marking scheme and syllabus differs from stage to stage.
- Tier 1 exam – 200 questions from General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness/ General knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. 75 minutes duration with negative marking for incorrect response.
- Tier 2 exam – This has 4 papers namely Quantitative Ability, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics (only for the posts of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler), General Studies of Finance and Economics (Only for the post of Assistant Audit Officer). 200 marks for each paper is allotted with a duration of 2 hours. Negative marking is applicable.
- Tier 3 exam – Descriptive paper for Essay Writing, Letter/Application Writing, Passage Writing. The paper is conducted for a duration of 1 hour for 100 marks.
- Tier 4 exam – Data Entry Skill Test/ Computer Proficiency Test for 15 minutes. This exam is qualifying in nature. No negative marking and no marks allotted.
How to Apply for SSC CGL Exam?
You can apply for SSC CGL Exam through Online mode only. To apply for SSC CGL Exam, follow the below steps:
- You can register through SSC CGL official website.
- You need to pay the Application fee online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Internet Banking/Cash Cards/Wallets, etc.
- Use a valid email ID that should be kept active till the declaration of results.
- You should keep a scanned photograph and signature ready as per requirements mentioned in the official notification.
- Submit the Application Form.
- Take out the Print Out of the Application Form for future reference.
What is the method of applying for SSC CGL Exam?
The exam can be applied for only in online mode. You cannot apply for it in offline mode.
What is the online application fees?
The application or registration fees for SSC CGL exam is Rs. 100/- for male candidates belonging to UR and OBC category. However, categories like SC/ST, Differently abled, ex-servicemen and female candidates have been exempted.
What are the payment methods that I can use to pay for SSC CGL online exam?
You can use Online payment methods like SBI net banking, debit/credit card and offline methods like challan payment at any SBI branch.