Scheme of Exam
The Examination comprises of three stages as explained below.
|Tier – I||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)|
|Tier -II||Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)|
|Tier -III||Personality Test/Interview/Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test
(Wherever Applicable )
Pattern of Tier -I Examination:
|Part||Subject||Max marks / Qs||b>Duration|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||50||2 hours for General and
2hs 40 min for VH candidates
- Total Marks / Questions – 200 / 200 Qs
- Duration- 120 Minutes for General and 160 Minutes for VH candidates
- Tier –I of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
- The questions in Reasoning, GA and English will be of a level commensurate with the Essential Qualification viz graduation and questions in Quantitative Aptitude will be of 10th standard level.
Pattern of Tier -II Examination:
This is the second stage of the exam and only those candidates who qualify the first stage (Tier -I) , will be allowed to sit in this exam . It is also a objective type test and Paper I and Paper II are compulsory for all the posts.
|Paper No.||Subject / Paper||Max . Marks||No. of questions||Duration|
|I||Quantitative Ability||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|II||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|III||Statistics||200||100||2 hours (2 hours and 40 minutes for VH candidates)|
|Note : Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts . Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler.|
- Paper I and II of the CGLE will be common for all categories of posts
- Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr.II & Compiler
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II and 0.50 marks in Paper-I and Paper-III for each wrong answer
- Questions will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice, set both in Hindi and English in respect of Paper I and III.
- Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-II of 10+2 level and Paper-III of graduation level.
Pattern of Tier -III Examination:
1. For posts for which Interview cum Personality Test is prescribed, the Personality Test / interview will carry a maximum of 100 marks.
2. DEST (Data Entry Speed Test): FOR THE POST OF TAX ASSISTANTS (Central Excise & Income Tax): The “Data Entry Speed” Skill Test at 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes will be of qualifying nature
3. CPT (Computer Proficiency Test): The Commission will hold CPT, comprising three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides, for applicants for the post of Assistants of CSS. CPT will be of a qualifying nature.